“Well-regarded team with a notable track record in disputes regarding construction,
bankruptcy and tax matters. Active in international arbitration.”
(Chambers Europe, Dispute resolution, 2016)
Our priority is to reach out-of-court settlements for our clients where possible and reasonable. Where settlement is not an option, we are recognised for our aggressive, hands-on approach to dispute resolution and have an outstanding track record in complex matters both in courts and in arbitration. Our firm’s dispute resolution expertise ranges from local employment, public procurement, construction and commercial disputes to complex cross-border litigation and international arbitration cases.
We represent public and private sector clients in national and international arbitration proceedings. We have numerous ties with litigation and arbitration experts around the world.
When it comes to international cases, we have multi-jurisdictional experience and valuable ties with top foreign law firms.
Legal services include:
- Administrative and Tax Disputes
- Economical and Financial Crime (White-Collar Crime)
- Honor and Dignity Disputes
- Sports Disputes
- Domestic Arbitration
- International Arbitration
- Investment Arbitration
- Mediation and ADR
Our team’s experience includes:
- Advising Estonian investment firm Polaris Invest in an acquisition of the majority stake of shares of Starman AS, a major regional telecommunications firm with business in Estonia and Lithuania. The value of the transaction is 208 million EUR.
- Represented the largest Latvian postal operator Latvijas Pasts before court contesting a decision of the Procurement Monitoring Bureau sanctioning access to Latvijas Pasts` postal network for other postal operators without the need of entering into agreement with Latvijas Pasts and at tariffs specifically reserved for the end users of universal postal service.
- Representing clients at the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce in disputes related to commercial law and securing an action.
- Advising and representing a representative of one the world’s biggest cement supplier in a litigation case between the client and the other shareholders of one of the biggest cement producers in Eastern Europe located in Lithuania.
- Representing LSEZ AS Liepājas osta LM in a tax dispute with State Revenue Service on imposed import VAT on importation of goods. The amount of the claim is appr. 28 million EUR.
- Representing the Estonian transmission system operator for electricity and gas in several disputes related among other things to construction, grid connections and cross-border trade in electricity.
- Representing clients at the Estonian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in relation to various disputes, including FIDIC contracts.
- Advises and represents BAB flyLAL Lithuanian Airlines in a civil dispute against state enterprise “Airports of Lithuania” regarding recognition of provisions of the agreements concluded between the client and the airport null and void and collection of unreasonably high airport fees.
- Defending the Remontowa shipyard in a case of white-collar crime.
- Defending Indrek Kuivallik, the founder and owner of AS Starman, in relation to charges of misuse of inside information.
- Representing Binders SIA, the leading Latvian road construction company, in arbitration proceeding against the Estonian Road Administration and recognition of the court rulings in the Republic of Latvia.
- Representing one of the Big4 audit companies in matters related to the collapse of AB bank SNORAS. Primarily, representation covers civil proceedings regarding reimbursement of losses of investors who made their investment decisions upon reliance on the audit report.
- Defending AS Liviko, one of the oldest and best-known vodka producers in Estonia, as well as related parties regarding offences of competition law.
- Defending an official from the Ministry of Education and Research against bribery charges.
- Defending AS Selver and related parties in competition law proceedings.
- Representing the largest renewable energy group in Estonia in disputes regarding, among other things, the environmental permits for a new combined heat and power plant.
- Representing Schenker SIA, one of the leading logistics providers in Latvia, in a dispute with State Revenue Service regarding calculated surcharge on import duty payments.
- Advising and representing ERGO Insurance SE in court concerning the surety insurance claim, where such insurance was issued in the field of construction and is connected to construction of a major office building in Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Defending the Deputy Director of Murru Prison in court proceedings related to charges of obstruction of justice and non-implementation of state supervision.
- Defending the Head of the Narcotics Bureau of the South Prefecture of the Police and Border Guard Board in court proceedings related to charges of disclosure of state secrets and falsification of documents.
- Advising and representing Marijampolės apskrities atliekų tvarkymo centras in a number of court cases pertaining to the acquisition, expenditure and reinstatement of the funding granted by means of the EU Cohesion Fund‘s and related to the implementation of the Memorandum of the European Commission regarding creation of waste management system in Marijampolė region.
- Representing interests of Lithuanian national team football player against his former club from Romanian top league in the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC).
- Assisting one of the biggest Lithuanian commercial banks in takeover of Assets from bankrupt commercial bank, including legal advice in relation to maintenance, transfer and other development of overtaken assets.
- Defending AS Lemeks Sadamad in a matter related to charges of concealment of tax liability.
- Defending AS Barrel MKT and related parties against charges related to the infringement of public procurement requirements.
- Defending Swedish and Italian companies against charges of concealment of tax liability and money laundering.