“They grasp the technical subtleties very quickly.”
(Chambers Europe, 2018)
We provide assistance to state institutions, local governments and companies in respect of public procurement issues, including the drafting and negotiating of procurement agreements and documents, representing clients in disputes, etc.
Our team has developed a substantial practice in the area of public procurement and public and private partnership (PPP) related issues.
- Advising and Representation of Procuring Entities
- Advising and Representation of Tenderers
- Assistance with Organizing Public Procurement Procedures
- Public Procurement dispute resolution
Our team’s experience includes:
- Advised ŠKODA VAGÓNKA AS, regarding participation in the procurement procedure for supply of 32 new trains announced by Pasažieru vilciens AS on Latvian procurement rules and in preparation of the tender documents.
- Representing ICT enterprise Green IT OÜ in different public procurement proceedings both at the Public Procurement Appeals Committee and in court.
- Successful representation of Latvijas Pasts VAS (Latvian Post is the largest postal operator functioning in environment of free competition) in contesting a decision of the Procurement Monitoring Bureau essentially sanctioning access to Latvijas Pasts` postal network for other postal operators without the need of entering into agreement with Latvijas Pasts and at tariffs specifically reserved for the end users of universal postal service.
- Representation of the Jūrmala Town Council as contracting entity in procurement procedure for construction of the Dubulti centre for culture and education before the Public Procurement Bureau.
- Advising Riga Municipality (RD ITC) on procurement issues in the public tender “Ensuring of cable channels for the needs of Riga Municipality”.
- Representing Transiidikeskuse AS in a dispute related to public procurement and concession of services. The resulting Supreme Court ruling in the case is a landmark decision in the field.
- Assisting RE&RE, one of the leading Latvian construction companies, on public procurement issues.
- Advising company offering retail trade services of motor vehicle parts and accessories Balti Bussi Group in procurement organized by Rezeknes Municipality for supply of 34 new busses, total amount of the procurement being around EUR 4 million.
- Representing the Environmental Inspectorate in the Supreme Court in a landmark dispute related to amending tender documents and a claim for payment arising from the contract.
- Representing Marijampolės apskrities atliekų tvarkymo centras, a public owned waste management company, one of the biggest operators of dumps in Lithuania, in disputes concerning public procurement.
- Advising Altum (Latvian Development Financial Institution) on public procurement issues.
- Advising MAN Turbo and Diesel on interpretation of the Latvian Public Procurement Law.
- Advising one of the leading European level water cleaning and energy companies on complicated legal issues pertaining to construction, operation and maintenance of slush processing property and equipment in Lithuania as well as related disputes.
- Advising one of the major Italian high technology green energy and waste treatment construction and design companies, on construction law issues under the FIDIC Silver Book (Turn-key) Construction project, in connection to construction of the biggest hazardous waste incineration and electricity production facility in Lithuania.