“General competition law advice including on cartel issues and various EU regulations and legislation.”
(The Legal 500, 2018)
We assist clients in all aspects of national and EU competition law to ensure commercially beneficial solutions without breaching the rules. Our competition law expertise covers merger control, cartels, competition law restrictions in respect of different types of M&A and trading agreements, abuse of dominance, state aid, public procurement and utilities regulation. Our attorneys help clients with compliance programs, competition law training and monitoring. We advise on receiving all relevant clearances from respective authorities, e.g. those related to merger control.
- Horizontal and vertical agreements
- Merger control
- Abuse of dominance
- Competition law compliance instructions and control
- Cartels, criminal proceedings and leniency programme
- Dawn raids and preparation
- State aid
- Competition law related disputes and litigation
Our team’s experience includes:
- Advising Invest in Lithuania, a national investment promotion agency under the Lithuanian ministry of economy, on issues of potential state aid to the inbound investors into IT sector.
- Acted for the largest farmers’ cooperative in Latvia, LPKS LATRAPS, as one of the shareholders of Latvijas Piens SIA in a complex transaction for the increase of its shareholding, within which represented the client in relation to the merger clearance from Latvian competition authority, drafted merger notification and liaison with the Latvian competition authority.
- Successfully advising Eesti Post/Omniva (Estonian state-owned postal service and logistics company) against a civil claim relating to alleged pricing abuses (i.e. margin squeeze) in the direct mail market.
- Successful representation of Latvijas Pasts VAS (Latvian Post is the largest postal operator functioning in environment of free competition) in contesting a decision of the Procurement Monitoring Bureau essentially sanctioning access to Latvijas Pasts` postal network for other postal operators without the need of entering into agreement with Latvijas Pasts and at tariffs specifically reserved for the end users of universal postal service.
- Defending Estonia’s oldest alcohol producer Liviko against cartel charges.
- Rendered legal advice on competition issues to AS Liepājas Metalurgs and its subsidiary LSEZ AS Liepājas osta LM.
- Advising cosmetic brand wholesaler in Lithuania on potential risks and possible course of action in relation to exclusive distributorship with one of the largest retailers of fragrances, cosmetics and skin care products in Lithuania.
- Defending Selver, one of the largest supermarket chains in Estonia, against criminal charges of price fixing.
- Advising international insurance company ERGO on matters related to market concentration issues, as well as regarding horizontal agreements.
- Assisting N.R. Energy in relations with the competition authority regarding producing and selling thermal energy.
- Advising every-day premise cleaning services provider in Lithuania on matters related to abnormally low price in the public procurement project.
- Advising a major laboratory trial company in Lithuania on issues of unfair competition and prohibited agreements under Lithuanian competition law.
- Assisting the leading market and media research company in Lithuania in the Lithuanian Competition Council against allegations of unfair competition and misleading advertising.