“They offer the best quality service if you sum up the three main components – time, money and work”
(Chambers Europe, 2019)
We assist our clients in every stage and area of their business – from founding to selling, from corporate governance matters to shareholder disputes. Knowing our clients’ business and industry thoroughly allows us to offer advice tailored to their best interests.
We take care of our clients’ everyday corporate matters, assist clients in drafting corporate documents, and in communications with the Commercial Register, the Central Register of Securities, and other public registers and authorities.
Notable team offers comprehensive advisory services advising foreign and domestic clients on governance and commercial matters relating to the establishment or continued operation of subsidiaries in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Our Client base features prominent domestic names and international organisations, including investment firms and corporates from sectors such as retail, IT, logistics and transport, food and banking.
Respected international legal directories such as The Legal 500, Chambers and Partner, IFLR1000 highlight the preeminence of the Firm’s Corporate practice and its professionals in their annual rankings.
- Company Formation, Winding-up and Liquidation
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Litigation
- Shareholders´ Agreements
- Shareholders’ Disputes
- Management Buyouts (MBO)
- Leveraged Buyouts (LBO)
- Management Liability
Our team’s experience includes:
- Our attorneys have years of experience in the area of corporate law in advising and assisting a number of multinational corporations, including Michelin, Avon, NCH, HAVI, Essilor, and Sika. Our clients also include many leading Estonian companies, such as Arco Vara, Krediidipank, Nortal.
- Assisted VGP Latvia, a developer of industrial parks, in development of a new industrial park – VGP Park Kekava.
- Advising Julianus Inkasso OÜ, one of the oldest and largest collection service providers, and its group companies in restructuring of operations, including takeover of a company from within the group and merger of several companies with the acquiring company through reorganisation.
- Advising Mebelain, a company of SBA group, on gaining a EUR 20 million senior loan from the EBRD to facilitate the expansion of its furniture factory in Belarus.
- Advising Merko and City Service on corporate restructuring and listing of their shares.
- Assisted a Latvian fleet management and operational car leasing company ALD Automotive, SIA in developing consumer car rental (leasing) product. Legal services included licencing requirements for providers of consumer credit, assessing the creditworthiness of the consumer, rights of withdrawal, preparation of the request to the Consumer Rights Protection Centre and other complex consumer law issues.
- Represented Klaipėdos baldų prekyba JSC, furniture retail trade chain with 8 stores in Lithuania, operating under trademark name Berry, in conclusion of long-term lease agreement of a multi-storey building and its adjacent territory in the central part of Riga, owned by Elkor group.
- Advised Funderbeam, an Estonian based start-up company, on the launch of a stock exchange for start-ups – Funderbeam Markets and on a variety of legal issues related to the development of Funderbeam Markets.
- Assisted a new concept service station in Latvia KOOL Latvija in a deal for attracting new investors of a new concept service station.
- Advising Litagra Group, one of the biggest agricultural companies in Lithuania, in complex reorganisation and business optimization deal.
- Advise to UAV FACTORY Ltd. (one of the world’s leading developers of unmanned composite airframes) on everyday basis, including in cross-border matters and various corporate and M&A matters.
- Representing Cgates, the leading provider of telecommunications services in Lithuania and formerly a part of the Starman group, in completing recapitalisation with new senior debt raised from Swedbank, subordinated bonds and an equity investment from Livonia Partners, totalling EUR 68 million.
- Comprehensive legal assistance to Energia verde SIA (company producing the combined biomass heat and power plant among the largest companies in its field) by attracting investors for the project – construction of the heat and power supply station and in various corporate matters.
- Consulting of various corporate issues of Uctam Baltics SIA (a subsidiary of UniCredit Group) on everyday basis.
- Assisting Havaalanlari Yer Hizmetleri (TAV group) in connection with increase of the share capital in North Hub Services SIA, which is a provider of ground handling services at Riga International Airport, Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) and Helsinki Vantaa International Airport. The value of the deal was appr. EUR 1 million.